Friday, September 28, 2012

The battle for peace



Today's exercise is trying to be calm in the midst of my "everything is happening right now for some crazy reason" day.

A BAD way to commence is to start eating all the chocolate on my desk normally reserved for visitors (yeah right!!), washed down with a coke.

Now I'm completely hyperactive, and expecting a terrible sugar low.

Once I get home, I chose between a gym class (which is quickly dismissed) and google...Achieving Calm from Sources of Insight gives some tips so I put on my zen music and my yoga pants and try to reduce the sugar buzzing through my veins.

At the end of the day, I realise I'm human and this world is going to be crazy some days and I can either curl up in a ball and descend into denial or eat lots of ice cream, balanced with hugs from my amazing family and friends and put into practice all the find your zen things that work best for me.

It's much easier to be a cat I think.... ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment